Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BBC Radio online

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 russellsnr

russellsnr

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 08 October 2008 - 02:36 PM

Hi, Not sure what forum to drop this in or even if there is a legal way round what I am going to ask.
I live in Greece so obviously have a greek internet provider my problem is that I would like to listen to live football commentries online, if I lived in the UK no problem but because of where I live the BBC website stops transmitting, they say it is contractual reasons or there is another problem. How do they where I am situated, apparantly they read the ISP addy, so is there a way around this and please don't tell me to move back to the UK lol!!!! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:37 PM

You should probably try using a proxy to see if you can get around it. Don't know if it will work though. The BBC is like that for everyone outside the UK and it's not unusual for other networks to do the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users