Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

failed to open MCI device. Error code: 348745

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lucidolph

Lucidolph

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:21 AM

Umm, I had this error when i tried to open a file =)
All i did, was move the files somewhere different, the error was that it was within too many folders.
The destination for the MP3 was far too big for my PC to comprehend.
So, that's my take on it =P

If you get it at random intervals, then maybe it's some game/application or system files that've been installed Beneath loads of folder, thus
the destination folder would be too long and yeah...

xD

Hope that helps?
Because no-one replied to anyone elses problems according to my google search.
I may be wrong though =P

Peace out!
And cookies

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:47 AM

I'm going to take a guess this is with XP and move you there
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,556 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:55 PM

I see instances of the error message...but nothing conclusive about the nature or how to eliminate it.

Louis

#4 Lucidolph

Lucidolph
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:33 PM

I'm going to take a guess this is with XP and move you there

Nope.

Vista =((

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:04 AM

I'd suggest avoiding any path that's greater than 255 characters long - too many programs have issues with them.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 tazdev

tazdev

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:30 PM

I am having the same problem with Atomic Alarm Clock. At first it was any WAV file that was played even embedded ones in firefox or IE. I thought it was adobe and reinstalled it. Did not work. I never got an error but sound would no longer work on Youtube. Turned out some registry entry was removed by a reg cleaner I tried. I found out that adding it back got the sound in however when I tried for an alarm to wake me I noticed it never went off.
The program will play MP3's but NOT WAV. Other PC's will. I am using Windows XP Pro SP3. I reinstalled SP3. I have looked at Microsoft and it says the error is playing more than 20 video streams. I have no videos playing. I just get the same error as the title of this thread. I suspect it is a registry entry but I have no idea how to fix it. I have reinstalled the audio drivers as well as reinstalled SP3 and anything soundwise I can think of. I also reinstalled the Alarm Clock.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users