Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Home won't recognize come audio cd's

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mapache

mapache

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:12 AM

I running XP home on an eMachines system. My DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive is not recognizing a music CD that I purchased at Best Buy. It will not show the files when I "explore" the drive.

It's a CD put out by a band. I have their newer CD's which work fine in my computer, however this older one does not.

FYI, the disk works in my computer at work as well as in my Playstation 3.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 08 October 2008 - 02:35 PM

Is this one of those older "Enhanced" CD's?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 mapache

mapache
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:25 PM

No. It's just regular audio. From 2003.

Somehow the computer 'fixed' itself. I've been trying to get this CD read for several weeks. I took off to do something else and my computer went to sleep. When I came back and woke it up, it recognized the CD and started to Rip the disk in WMP that I had left open.

#4 mapache

mapache
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:33 PM

Great. NOW the album shows up on WMP 11, but there's no sound! I have the album cover, track listing and lengths. When I click on a song, WMP acts like it's playing, but no music comes out.

This applies ONLY to this CD. The others in WMP work fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users