Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NTVDM CPU encountered illegal intruction?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Nikki

Nikki

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:12 AM

Good morning fellow Beepers.
I need your help.
I have windows XP.

When first logging on to my computer and to firefox I get this message:

16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem

C:\PROGRA~1\LEXMAR~\lxbbbmgr.exe
THE NTVDM CPU has encountered and Illegal instruction.
CS:054aIP:0101 OP:ff ff ff 99 ff Choose "close" to terminate the application.

I choose the close button.
Then I get:

MsnMsgr.Exe - Bad Image
The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\SensApi.dill is not valid Windows image.
Please check this against your installation diskette.

I click the ok button.
I have to click the button three times to get rid of it.

I can't get into my MSN e-mail or Windows live messenger.
When I try I get:

msmgs.exe - Application Error
this application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005) Click on OK to terminate the application.

I tried the SpyBot but that did not work.
What happened to my computer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 08 October 2008 - 02:46 PM

lxbbbmgr.exe Is for a Lexmark printer

MsnMgr.exe

If the path to this program as shown on the Tasks tab is anything other than "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr" then you have a virus, such as the W32.Mytob@mm \ W32.Mydoom.bg@MM virus (Typical locations for this virus are "C:\Windows\System\msnmsgr" and "C:\Windows\System32\msnmsgr").

Edited by garmanma, 08 October 2008 - 02:47 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Nikki

Nikki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:10 PM

Thanks for the reply garmanma.

My Lexmark printer is not connected to my computer and
how do I get rid of this virus?
What do I do now?

#4 Nikki

Nikki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:42 PM

Spybot - Nothing
C Cleaner - Nothing
Ad Aware - Nothing
Avast - Nothing
Norton Antivirus - Nothing

Can't get passed that 'not a valid image' message.
Couldn't uninstall Lexmark because it reads it's in use.
I don't have my printer connected to my computer.

Anybody that can help please?

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:24 PM

You might have a Lexmark application running at Startup. You can disable it in the System Tray or go into Safe mode and then try to uninstall
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:11 PM

Uninstall the MSN Messenger software. Reboot and see if both error messages go away.

If the NTVDM message remains (but the MSN doesn't) then look for older programs on your system. This is most often caused by problems with a 16 bit program running (you may find it associated with wowexec.exe in Task Manager...Processes Tab) - although I've seen references to some 32 bit programs causing it also.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 Nikki

Nikki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:50 PM

You might have a Lexmark application running at Startup. You can disable it in the System Tray or go into Safe mode and then try to uninstall

Total newbie here. :thumbsup:
Where is the System Tray and how do I go into Safe Mode?

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:22 PM

The System Tray (aka the Notification Area) is the area that the clock is in (in the lower right corner of the screen). It includes all those little icons that run when the system starts.

To get to Safe Mode, rapidly tap the F8 key just before the Windows Splash Screen shows up (the first time that you see the Windows stuff). As long as you start after the BIOS has finished posting (all that white text stuff that scrolls by at first).

You can also use this free tool to reboot into Safe Mode (from within Windows): http://www.superadblocker.com/bootsafe.html
Don't forget to set it for normal mode BEFORE you exit Safe Mode - otherwise it'll just bring you back to Safe Mode.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users