Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ipod backup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zedsed420

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:06 AM

I want to try a different firmware os on my Ipod and I was wondering how to backup the original os so I can put it back if I hate this new os. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks BC!

Asus Crosshair III  Motherboard, AMD PhenomII x4 965 custom watercooled XSPC Raystorm copper block,  8g Mushkin Blackline
2 XFX Radeon 4890's in Crossfire mode custom watercooled full copper EK blocks,  XSPC rs360 triple 120 radiator 
850w Antec full modular 80plus certified,  NZXT Switch Black case  Custom Watercooled Laing DDC w/ XSPC pumptop res

Tygon black tubing,  all Bitspower fittings and clamps, 2 Samsung 1T spinpoint F1's 

Windows 7 Professional x64 dual boot Ubuntu 12.10

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TVT

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:01 PM

So long as you keep the partition format the same as it is, or reformat it back to what it is now, iTunes can restore the firmware to your iPod.
Posted Image

#3 The G Bomb

The G Bomb

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:51 AM

Assuming you don't have a nano or shuffle, it could be possible to put your ipod into Hard Disk mode and connect it to your computer. Then using a clone utility take a snapshot of your ipod disk.

If you don't like the new os simply clone the image back onto the ipod, obviously you might have to roll back any firmware updates you make in between the snapshot and installing a new Operating System on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users