Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

rundll32.exe app error

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:37 PM

hi,
my desktop computer is really stuffing up, it has a really bad virus or something and i get heaps of error messages wen i start it up. when i shut it down i get the blue error screen. i tried to do a roll back through system restore and when i click on System, in control pannel, i get the error:

rundll32.exe - Application Error

The application failed to initialise properly (0xc000005). click OK to terminate the application.

is there any way i can do a roll back?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:52 PM

Hi smokeyone, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

What makes you believe that you are infected? Have you run any scans?

What do the error messages say?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 smokeyone

smokeyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:13 AM

firstly after start up, an error saying:

"userinit.exe Application Error

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click to terminater application."

Pops up twice, then the screen just shows my background picture and i have to press ctrl+alt+delete and type in "desktop" in "new task".
The desktop then loads up and i get errors talking about file corruptions from Fraps and Spinach Anti Spyware. Also a message saying:

"/idlist,:0:1208,C\Documents

Windows can not find '/idlist,:0:1208,C\Documents'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search."

When the computer gets turned off it says:

"STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows logon process system process terminater unexpectedly woth a status of 0x00000000 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down."

I did a Spybot Search & Destroy check and it found a firewall bypass or something like that, which it removed.

#4 smokeyone

smokeyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2008 - 03:40 AM

Im still having the problem, can anyone help?

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,564 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 11 October 2008 - 08:59 AM

Hi :thumbsup:.

I suggest posting at BleepingComputer.com - Am I infected What do I do - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

The personnel there will help determine whether you have a malware situation or not. After that is determined and resolved, then the members of this forum will assist you with operating system problems that have nothing to do with malware situations.

Louis

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:50 AM

If sounds like you have a corrupted file, try doing a System Restore.

Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore.

When this opens make sure that "Restore my computer to an earlier time" is chosen, and click on Next>.

The dates appearing in bold are the dates that you can restore to, click on the date that you want and then click Next> to start the System Restore. This may take a long time to complete, and when it is done it will restart your computer. When the computer restarts and you have logged on as the administrator a Restoration Complete page will appear, click on OK to complete the process.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 smokeyone

smokeyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:37 PM

hey,
sory i havn't been on this for a while, ive been busy and im having problems with my new laptop now :thumbsup: (it keeps on crashing, and i dont know why..)

on the first computer i have tried doing a system restore but it comes up with an error and wont let me do it.. so im a little stumped there.

i will post on the other forum thoughand see what they can do about it. im just a little more worried about my new laptop! :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users