Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

COMPUTER WILL NOT BOOT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 CaESaRZN

CaESaRZN

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 07 October 2008 - 08:08 PM

HELLO TO ALL...

I AM New here so sorry if i don;t know what i am doing, I have been having problems where my pc just goes off all of a sudden, I know a lil about pc's and checked with the eventvwr to see that i have the following error:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7026
Date: 08/10/2008
Time: 01:00:16 AM
User: N/A
Computer: CAESARS-PC
Description:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
IntelIde
oreans32

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

sometimes,my computer just shutsdown or goes straight into bsod mode with error code DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL 0x000000D1(0x000B0003,0x000000FF,0x00000000,0x000B0003)

I have hijack ths installed.I don't really no how to use it properly. I do not know what else o do and really need some assitance.to all the moderators and admin here.I am sorry if my post is in the wrong section. I don;t really post much on forums. ANY HELP WOULD BE REALLY APPRECIATED. I CAN FOLLOW THE STEPS REQUIRED SO SOMEONE PLEASE GUIDE ME ON WHAT TO DO.

THANKS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ice2921

ice2921

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 07 October 2008 - 08:27 PM

So your computer will not boot to anything not even the BIOS? The Event ID that you see is referring to drivers that Windows thinks are not there. They are both legit,although at times can be spyware. Can you provide some more specifications about your computer?

#3 CaESaRZN

CaESaRZN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2008 - 02:09 PM

CUSTOM BUILT
P4 2.8GHz INTEL PROCESSOR
GIGABYT P4 TITAN MOTHERBOARD
512MB RAM BY SYTEC
120 WD HDD PARTITIONED INTO 3 PARTS C,D & E DRIVES
REALTEK RTL8139/810X NETWORKING ADAPTER
ATI RADEON 9200 GRAPHICS CARD
CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER LIVE SOUND CARD SB0220
2 DVD-RW'S
1ST IS HL-DT-ST-DVDRAM GSA-H20L
2ND IS SONY DVD RW DRU-530A

Installed Security Programs
BitDefender Internet Security 2008
Latest Windows Updates Including XP Service Pack 3

If there is any more info you need about my PC please ask and I shall give you the relevant info

Thanks For The Reply

#4 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:04 PM

Hi ice2921,

The title of this thread is "Computer Will Not Boot", but in your first post, you mention that your computer shuts down all of a sudden. Is it booting up and then shutting down or is it shutting down during the boot sequence?

oreans32.sys is part of Dreams Technology

InterIde is a Windows operating system driver. It should be 5504 bytes (85% of all occurrence), 4736 bytes, or 14952 bytes.

Try this: go to Start / Run and type in sfc /scannow (note that there's a space between sfc and /scannow)
This will check your system for corrupt files and if it finds them, it will attempt to find an uncorrupted one to repair it. It may ask you for your xp cd.

Zllio

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:23 PM

FWIW:

http://www.file.net/process/oreans32.sys.html

http://www.oreans.com/

Note that it is not a Windows file...if you haven't installed some program that uses this file...I suggest treating it as if it is malware.

I don't have it installed on my system...so it's not part of Windows Defender, Spybot, SUPERAntispyware...or XP.

Louis

#6 CaESaRZN

CaESaRZN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:13 AM

thanks for all the replies guys.

just to let all of you know,

it was shuting down with a bsod screen while booting up and a few times it actually booted up to the desktop and then died.

i have stopped it from doing that by deleting oreans 32 from add/remove programs. as i never had the driver on my pc.

now once it goes past windows is now loading screen,it says please wait for a few seconds which it never used to do. it the goes to the welcome or login screen. what could be the cause of this?

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:40 AM

Read this:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/o....sys-15732.html

You might want to post in the Am I Infected? forum
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#8 CaESaRZN

CaESaRZN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2008 - 02:02 PM

Thanks for that infor Mark

I Have seen that page before and it was not very useful to me.

I have posted my log from Hijack This
the link is

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/173355/hijack-this-log-please-help-diagnose/

As I posted above. My pc is now working but it takes extremely long to start up . It goes to the Windows XP is now Loading then it goes to a blank page as if it is installinng windws XP and all it says is Please wait.... the dots go on for about a minute and the hdd access light is off not lit or flashing, just off. After a while like 2 miutes or so it goes to the welcome screen.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem. As I have scanned my pc with Bitdefender, Malware Bytes Anti Malware, Spybot Search & Destroy and all off the programs find no problems whatsoever.

Thanks for everyones assistance. Any further assitance would be much appreciated and welcomed.

I would really like to sort this problem out as I never ran into this beofre and it seems like I have hit a brick wall.

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2008 - 02:18 PM

If you have an open HJT log/file in process right now...you really need to stop fiddling with your system and take all directives from the folks in the HJT forum...until that log is cleared/resolved.

Louis

#10 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:26 PM

You have an active HJT log posted. you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

If after 5 days you still have received no response, then post a link to your HJT log in the thread titled "Haven't Had A Reply In Five Days?".

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users