Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thumb drive won't allow to unload videos and pics on puter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 crazyats

crazyats

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:47 PM

My dad came visit a few weeks ago, and took a lot of pictures and videos. Before he left, we put all of the videos and pictures onto several thumbdrives. They worked fine on my puter, but, since he has been home, he hasn't been able to get any of the pics or videos to show up on his computer. We both have vista on our puters. These also worked on my husband's puter, and he has Windows XP. Can somebody help me figure out how to get them off of the thumbdrive for him? He's frustrated cuz he has nothing to show that he went on his very first vacation.

Thank you all in advance,
Ronda

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ice2921

ice2921

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2008 - 08:51 PM

My dad came visit a few weeks ago, and took a lot of pictures and videos. Before he left, we put all of the videos and pictures onto several thumbdrives. They worked fine on my puter, but, since he has been home, he hasn't been able to get any of the pics or videos to show up on his computer. We both have vista on our puters. These also worked on my husband's puter, and he has Windows XP. Can somebody help me figure out how to get them off of the thumbdrive for him? He's frustrated cuz he has nothing to show that he went on his very first vacation.

Thank you all in advance,
Ronda

Does his computer recognize that the the drive has been inserted? Whats happens when he tries to view the contents?

#3 crazyats

crazyats
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:32 PM

With the videos, he has audio but no picture.......with the pictures, there is absolutely nothing. When we inserted them on mine and my husbands computer, an icon appeared on the screen with the sandisk logo. My dad said it wasn't working on my sisters either.

#4 ice2921

ice2921

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:10 AM

Are you using the same software to read the media? What format did you record the videos in?(avi,mpg) What format are the pictures in ?(jpg,bmp,gif)

My dad said it wasn't working on my sisters either.

What wasn't working viewing the media or the computer recognizing the thumb drive?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users