Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Talk about Missing Somthing

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 09:24 AM

Found this kind of funny yet true!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/08/03...reut/index.html

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:01 AM

Truth o yeah! Me i like the pc and internet better than tv lol!

#3 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 05 August 2004 - 08:13 AM

:inlove: I can't remember the last time I watched a movie on the TV. I've always been an avid reader. Avid I am no more. I still read... but not a book every 2 days like I'm capable of. The PC and the Internet have taken over a big part of my life. I do not really care how many meals I miss or how much sleep I deprive myself of. I think I am addicted to the Internet. Does anyone know of an Internet Anonymous in my area? :flowers: :trumpet: I'm grateful for my kids because I would be way worse off without them. They keep me busy and in the here and now. :thumbsup:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#4 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 August 2004 - 08:24 AM

You know you're an Internet Addict when...
Your microwave becomes a place to *store* uneaten dinners, rather than a place to heat them up

You possess more than one webpage of your own, when you don't even know HTML

You switch on the computer before you switch on the kettle in the morning

And of course heres the twelve steps pandy!!

1. Admitted we were powerless over our computer

2. Came to believe that a power outside our monitor could restore us to sanity

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of HTML re~programming as we understood it

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves via Yahoo, Netscape or the favourite browser of our choice

5. Admitted to our hard~drive, our mailing list, the attendees in various chatrooms and ourselves, the exact nature of our technical ineptitude

6. Were entirely ready to be HTML re~programmed to remove all these technical ineptitudes

7. Humbly asked our cyber~sponsor

8. Made a list of all cyberpals we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all

9. Made direct amends to such cyberpals (via chatrooms, e~mail, Honorary websites, signature subliminals, cyber~poetry, etc.) wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others (or our modems!)

10. Continued to take personal inventory of our ineptitude, and when we were wrong, promptly blamed our software, hard~drive, manuals, friends, cyberspace, the phone company, etc. etc.

11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with HTML, as we understood (or lacked thereof) HTML, praying only for the knowledge of HTML and the power (and eptitude) to carry that out

12. Having had a technical awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other Internet Addicts (furthering our addiction and creating a need to work these steps) and to practice these principles in all our electronic correspondence

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2004 - 08:52 AM

LOL amen!

#6 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2004 - 08:58 AM

:flowers: All righty then Brunt~ LMAO Now I know it's OK to be an Internet addict. I accept that about myself. I'm OK. Phew!! TyTy

:thumbsup:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

~ Benjamin Franklin

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#7 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2004 - 09:22 AM

Thats right just tell your friends you cant help it!

#8 Bluie

Bluie

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2004 - 12:35 PM

Computers and the internet do not interfere with a real person's life. They are life! :thumbsup:

#9 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2004 - 01:03 PM

You said it! Amen! Of course thats a bad thing. I like the outdoors. Give me a task and ill do it. I get a head ache being on pc all day so outside is great! Swimming stuff like that!

#10 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 06 August 2004 - 07:35 AM

:trumpet: That's right CGM~ I will be getting plenty of outside soon. My family and I are going on vacation. I hope my withdrawl symptoms won't be too serious. I told my husband I needed to bring the compy. I would find room somehow. For some reason he said no... I mean just how unreasonable is that? :flowers: j/k. :thumbsup:

~ Benjamin Franklin

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#11 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2004 - 07:47 AM

LOL i mean very! Computer the whole thing? Laptop time! I always carry mine!

#12 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2004 - 07:51 AM

Haha CGM~ if I bought a laptop... assuming I could afford it, which I can't, my husband would probably file for divorce. The laptop thing won't be happening any time soon. :thumbsup: :flowers: Actually I wasn't serious with the hubby about bringing the PC but he took it like I was.

Edited by Pandy, 06 August 2004 - 07:52 AM.

~ Benjamin Franklin

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#13 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2004 - 08:02 AM

Here you go (ebay.com) laptop there. LOL i know then when you got wireless internet card you would be typing while going down that big roller coaster hill at 75! Instead of screaming i mean if that would stop the screaming then everybody needs a laptop! LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users