Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Computer Hangs when booting up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_sandwalker_*

Guest_sandwalker_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:43 AM

Hello all,
When I boot my computer up it sometimes wont load up past the black screen with that microsoft logo on the bottom with the moving squares to indicate its loading (I guess and hard to explain). I am using Windows Vista Home Premium 2007.

Thank you,
Joy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ice2921

ice2921

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:28 AM

Have you added any new hardware lately? Any new changes to your computer?

See if you can boot into safe mode by tapping the F8 key before the Windows loading screen. From there you will be presented with a list of options to start in safe mode. From here you have a couple options.

1) you can try the last known good configuration

If that does not work you can try to boot into safe mode

2) START> RUN and type in sfc /SCANNOW

If that does not work try a system restore.

3) Once in safe mode you can use the following steps to perform a system restore:

Click START>ALL PROGRAMS>ACCESSORIES>SYSTEM TOOLS>SYSTEM RESTORE

This will restore your computer to a previous stable state.

Hope this helps

Edited by ice2921, 07 October 2008 - 07:40 AM.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:24 AM

Try running Vista Startup Repair (tutorial here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair/ )

If you can't run it, then either obtain a Vista disk from the manufacturer of your system - or see this link for ISO's of Startup Repair: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blogs/usas...?showentry=1261

If Startup Repair doesn't fix it, then try uninstalling your video drivers.
Then download the latest version of your video drivers and install them.

Let us know how it goes. If you've got any questions, just post back.

Good luck!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users