I want to apologise that it has taken so long to get back to you. We on the HJT Team are working as fast as possible to get your log answered.
If you do not still need help, please let me know, so that I can move on to other users who still need help.
Please take note of the following:
If you would still like help, please follow the instructions below:We need to create an OTViewIt Report
- While a HJT Team member is working with you, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.
- Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself.
- If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
- Please reply using the button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.
- Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just put a post here so that I know you're still here. We get a lot of people who simply leave, and if there is no contact for that amount of time I will have to assume you have "vanished" .
Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner.
- Please download OTViewIt by OldTimer.
- Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
- Push the button.
- Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:
- OTViewIt.txt <-- Will be opened
- Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized
In your next reply, please include the following:
- Please visit the Kaspersky Online Scanner website.
Note: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.
- Click on the Accept button and install any components it needs.
- The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.
- After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My Computer
- This will start the program and scan your system.
- The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.
- Once the scan is complete, click on View scan report
- Now, click on the Save Report as button.
- Save the file to your desktop.
- Copy and paste that information in your next post.
- Kaspersky's Log
- My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)