Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help! Cpmputer wont stop restarting!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 afy4ev4

afy4ev4

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 06 October 2008 - 04:33 PM

Hi,

I am have a really big problem with my PC where it keeps on restarting over and over and does not reach the desktop to log in.

I beleive this problem started when i tried to download Service Pack 2 from the Windows update, but i am not 100% sure.

I have tried to many things but nothing seems to work... I have tried to start in Safemode, Last good known configuration etc but it restarts before anything is loaded.

I have tried to reboot using my XP boot CD but again system restarts before disk is loaded. Also system says something about a BIOS LOCK?

I have also tried to take out the BIOS battery/ CMOS battery i dont know which it is (the onle like a coin) and restarted, but still no joy!

Please can someone help?!

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 06 October 2008 - 04:58 PM

Are you able to boot into the BIOS?

What is the make and model number of your computer?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 afy4ev4

afy4ev4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:50 AM

Hi,

I am unable to boot at all. When i try using the back up CD it brings up the error message ' BIOS LOCK, CONTACT MANUFACTURER'. I have tried many things to get rid of this, but nothing works.

I have a TIME computer, not sure what model it is, but it has Windows XP on it.

#4 afy4ev4

afy4ev4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:50 AM

Please can someone help with this? I really dont know what to do....

Thank you!

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 09 October 2008 - 11:45 AM

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer? Have you tried clearing the BIOS?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:47 PM

noticing this thread of yours;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...=155497&hl=

are you on dial up?

Apart from this problem, have you been successfully UPDATING your windows version from the Windows update site ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users