Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus in my graphic card? please help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tessan

tessan

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 06 October 2008 - 03:39 PM

Hello i have a problem when i look at videos at internet the sound is before the picture and hack, and somtimes even the sounds hack. I have been in contact with spyware forum and we checked and it is not a virus on my computer. I have reformatting my computer.

Please help me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:28 PM

Welcome to bleepingcomputer!

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by hack. Is the video choppy, or running slow?

You may also need to install the driver's for your graphics card. Do you know what kind of graphics card you have, and can you list it for me please?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 tessan

tessan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:43 PM

Yes both choopy and slow. When i look at youtube or another live stream video, and even mediaplayer it is choopy and slow and the sound is before the picture? My graphic card is ATI Radeon xpress 1100.

Have you heard about this page:
http://www.update-your-drivers.org/?OVRAW=...WID=43548681013

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 07 October 2008 - 04:14 PM

ATI Radeon xpress 1100 is not a video card, but the processor chip for onboard video.
You need to download the driver from the manufacturer of your computer
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 tessan

tessan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2008 - 04:36 PM

Ok i have already done that but it didnīt help. Do you know any free site that i can use that can check my drivers and help me download?
And how do i checked wich graphic card i have?
After reformatting does all the drivers disepear? Do i always need do download new ones?
thanks for your help

Edited by tessan, 07 October 2008 - 04:39 PM.

#6 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:05 PM

well, if you downloaded the proper driver's from the company that makes your computer, then you should be alright. If you're still having problems, it is probably due to something else.

You said you have an ATI Radeon xpress 1100, which is a graphics solution, built into your motherboard.

Yes, all the driver's disappear. Windows can automatically reinstall some driver's, but the graphics driver's are a specific one you'll want to go download yourself.

I was thinking, and have you installed adobe flashplayer yet? Try downloading and installing this http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/do...=ShockwaveFlash, and see if it helps at all.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users