Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Restart Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PrincessDixieBElla

PrincessDixieBElla

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 06 October 2008 - 02:10 PM

I'm in the middle of trying to get a baddie out of my system. I was told to reboot in safe mode and it won't let me. It will show a screen going through all the files, the screen will go black, and the computer will restart windows normally...................What the @%&#?

The one time I actually need to use safe mode and can't......

Someone please help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 06 October 2008 - 04:48 PM

hi,,, you can force safe mode,,, but its not recomended to force it, but as your in the brown stuff,,,, click on start orb,,, type into search box,,,,,, msconfig,,,, and press enter,,, this will bring up the system config box,,, click on the boot tab and then put a check mark in the safe boot box,,, when your finnished follow the same path and un check the safe boot box in the boot tab in sys config and re start your pc,,,,,,,
also if you have nasties download SAS ( superantispyware) free version and MBAM ( malwarebytes) free version update both and do full scans,,, if your still in trouble after this go to the ,,,, Am i infected and what should i do section in security,,, and open a new thred there, giveing as much info about the baddie and what you have done up to now and your system info,,, and one of the good guys will help you in the fight,,,
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users