Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 VeryConfused707

VeryConfused707

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 29 April 2005 - 11:04 PM

Hey I'm new to the forum ^^, anyways I have a slight problem, today I was using my Ipod and my little brother asked if he could use two small Coby speakers that you plug into the headphone jack of the Ipod, anyways I did not know he had the speakers facing the monitor and they were about an inch away. It caused my screen to go wavy and become rainbowy (sp lol). it's only a strange color in the bottom left of the screen and I want to know if there is any way I could fix it, ant help would be appreciated

~thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2005 - 01:28 AM

Dear Very,

Welcome to BC, we will help you.

I assume you are using a tube monitor. If this is the first time you had this happen your monitor should have a demagnetize or video adjust.

You should be able to get to it through the monitor keys or windows.

Just right click on the desktop, go to properties, look for advanced, check monitor. If you don't see it or your monitor keys does not bring you to the demagnetize. You will need to manual demagnetize your monitor.

This will take a external demagnetize if you have one or you will have take your monitor to a TV repair. It is sad to say this is a simple procedure and will cost you money. :thumbsup:

Let us know,

junkdk :flowers:

Edited by junkdk, 30 April 2005 - 01:29 AM.

Your Hardware Guide.

#3 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 30 April 2005 - 03:50 AM

What type of monitor do you have? (make & model)
The problem did not go away when you removed the speakers? They must have really powerful magnets in them.

Like junkdk said you should have a demagnetiser function as part of the monitor controls. It's called De-Gauss. You may have to do it several times to get rid of the effect. Give it a try and let us know.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#4 VeryConfused707

VeryConfused707
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2005 - 03:46 PM

Thanks very much, it worked like a charm ^^, the buttons were on the front of my moniter though, so it took a little while to find but I got it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users