Jump to content
Posted 05 October 2008 - 09:59 PM
Posted 11 October 2008 - 04:28 PM
There is a lot of info out there with various ideas, but as a rule of thumb, your laptop battery will handle around 500 charge cycles before it dies so if you mainly use your machine on mains power then take the battery out and store it in a cool dry place.
Also, heat is the biggest killer of any electronic equipment so give the fan a blow out about once a month to keep dust down. Working on a soft base such as a bed or cushion is a no-no - always sit the fan area on a book or similar hard surface so your computer can breathe.
Simple things like this will keep your laptop going as long as possible.
Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:52 PM
Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:21 AM
Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:16 PM
Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:10 AM
Not only the adapter itself but do not put any strain on the connection to the laptop
Also , I just want to add that to take really good care of your power adapter.
Avoid the cord to tangle or stress out
Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:29 PM
Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:03 AM
That should not happen if the laptop is working correctly. My 4 year old Compaq has always been mains operated with the battery fitted, effectively acting as a UPS. I only have need to use it on battery occasionally, so I run the battery down to shut-off about twice a year to exercise it, then fully recharge. The original battery is still working fine - I've just flicked the mains switch off now as I've been typing this.
Isn't it because if you leave the battery in, it over charges the battery? It doesn't stop charging it?
Top 5 things that never get done:
Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:37 AM
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users