Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie 7 Upgrade Problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cruefer

cruefer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 05 October 2008 - 09:33 PM

I recently decided to upgrade my three year old XP laptop to IE 7 becasue the older version was getting slow and quirky (things like not allowing me to even search for Google from the Yahoo search box).

Ever since I upgraded, I can only access a few site from my favorites list. I can do a search and get a few links in a funky looking text type but none of these will get me to the web page listed (I just get the "page cannot be displayed" message).

I tried the go-back-in-time option in XP but got back a so sorry message--can't go back. I also tried to completely uninstall IE. IE is no longer listed in the software directory but it's still there (and malfunctioning as described above).

The computer store I called wants to charge me $150-$200 to do a hard drive do-over.

Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users