Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mcafee Virusscan Became Disabled

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Groffeaston

Groffeaston

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:10 PM

Hello everyone!

My McAfee VirusScan became disabled, after my computer failed to start-up properly and then I had to restart from a backup point doing a Windows Start fix, I think that is what it is called. Eversince then my McAfee Virus scan has been disabled. It said there were 3 files missing and 1 file changed when I ran the Virtual Technician. My McAfee Program takes forever trying to redownload the VirusScan program. Sometimes it will start to download and then stop and then restart downloading several times. I ahve been unable to get on to the McAfee website to ask any questions because of the program downloading. It makes my connection too slow! I have dial-up internet access.

What could have caused this? This is not the first time this happened. It has happened before. Could there be a virus,trojan,or some other bad program on my computer that makes this hapen every so often? Or could there be some file changes that have been made, that might cause this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:50 PM

I have finally managed to get the McAfee Anti-Virus redownloaded, But it picked up something on a scan of my computer. Which I will mention in the appropriate topic area.

I still do not know what caused the McAfee anit-virus to become disabled origionally after windows failed to start properly.
anyone have any ideas on what could have caused it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users