Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected By W32.dalbug.worm Virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tech Newbie

Tech Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:09 PM

As you read the topic description.

I have this W32.dalbug.worm on my computer and I can't barely removed it by using anti-virus, anti-malware programs such as sunbelt vipre and malware byte. No matter what I'm trying to run the legitimate anti-virus or anti-spyware the virus will closed any security software and delete it permanently. As well I can't install any anti-malware, antispyware or other removal tools because the virus just closed and erased the file from my computer!

I'm running winXP and the file are very critical and won't budged (Smss.exe and Lsass.exe). I try use task manager but won't let me closed the process :flowers:.

Oh yeah. The odd things that the virus infected is turning every single folder in USB is to <folder name>.exe but when opened it's looks normal
(Odd text appeared when a removal dish (USB) is right-clicked (See below)
Posted Image
as also this makes USB is difficult to access with clicking (Can still view by typing on the address bar) and it happens to other drives as well..

I need help ASAP.
~ Dimetro

Sorry, I'm still need so I don't know which forum to post :thumbsup:
Also the virus make it possible to run in safe mode so I can't use combifix and such :*(

Edited by Tech Newbie, 05 October 2008 - 08:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:38 PM

Hi Dimetro,

Welcome to BleepingComputer. I am having a little trouble understanding. Are you saying the you loaded Malwarebytes and tried to run it, but the Malwarebytes program is deleted upon use?

Let's try an on-line scan

Please run the F-Secure Online Scanner
Note: This Scanner is for Internet Explorer Only!
Follow the Instruction here for installation.
Accept the License Agreement.
Once the ActiveX installs,Click Full System Scan
Once the download completes, the scan will begin automatically.
The scan will take some time to finish, so please be patient.
When the scan completes, click the Automatic cleaning (recommended) button.
Click the Show Report button and Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 Tech Newbie

Tech Newbie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:44 PM

I having problem when using F-secure online scanner. It just doesn't work much. and sorry for my english :thumbsup:

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:46 PM

Welcome back Dimetro,

Not a problem with your language. :thumbsup: May I ask what your native language is? We may have a staff member here that can help you in your own language.

Please tell me what happens with Malwarebytes when you load and run it. Also, tell me what goes wrong with the FSecure scan. I will help you as much as I can, but I need to get that information.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users