Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard Is Dead Can I Still Rescue Files From Drive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 help!360

help!360

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 05 October 2008 - 07:24 PM

when i turn on my computer it doesn't boot properly so i brought it to staples he sayed the motherboard was phsicaly damaged! :thumbsup:. Can i get my files of the drive i have a lot of expencize programs and important files
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!
G /-\ \/ I l\l

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 12,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:10 PM

If only the motherboard is faulty, there is usually no problem copying your data files onto another computer, either by installing the hard drive into the other system, or using a USB drive adapter.

Installed programs can't be transferred in this way, but if they are legitimate software, they can be re-installed from the original disks once the system is operational again, and your data files reloaded.

If the motherboard in the existing system is replaced, it may be possible to recover the entire system installation in-place by doing a recovery install of Windows. If the system is a brand-name that only offers a recovery disk that restores the system to ex-factory condition, this may not work if the board is replaced with anything other than a genuine brand replacement.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users