Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Computer Is Restarting Itself! Grrrrrrrrrr

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 crazyats

crazyats

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:34 PM

I am hoping someone out there can help me pin point my problem! Exactly 2 hours (to the second) my computer restarts itself! I have swapped power supplies out, done numerous virus scans, and even was told to move the red switch on the back and then back into place! I don't know if maybe there is a program that could be causing it? I have only had the computer about 6 months, and it only started in the last few weeks. I recently moved to West Virginia, and internet was only hooked up a few weeks ago. I do know that this problem occured after I moved, and before internet was reestablished. Cuz it was doing it even before that was hooked up. I hope someone can help, cuz this is more aggravating then my kids asking me repeated questions.
Thank you,
Crazyats

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:10 AM

Is there a certain program you are running when this happens? Does it fully restart or just shut down? Is there a blue screen? Or an error anywhere? click start and in the search box type event viewer. Look for any critical errors occuring at about the time it shuts down Post any results here. If you have blue screens or errors post them here also.

#3 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:44 AM

Click on the Control Panel, then click on "Power Options". See what your settings are. You can change them to the way you prefer.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users