Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vaio Freezes And Wont Start Up After Updating It

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Banks

Banks

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:26 PM

Hey guys,

I have a Sony Vaio with windows vista and I had an update on it so of course i updated it,
so then it asked to restart the computer so i did. but after i restarded it and everything was
loading up normally and it stopped on file number 2456 out of 68 thousand and the file it freezes
on is microsoft paint. so i turned it off again and i got the black screen that says

start windows normally
safe mode
etc. screen

and it try's to load and again it stops at microsoft paint

and when i click safemode it just freezes the computer

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? My brother works on this laptop so he really needs it.

SIDE NOTE: i tried pressing f12 after pushing safe mode and it just makes a noise and freezes..

PLEASE HELP

:huh:

Mod Edit: Topic moved from Windows XP to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 05 October 2008 - 06:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ice2921

ice2921

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:02 AM

loading up normally and it stopped on file number 2456 out of 68 thousand and the file it freezes
on is microsoft paint. so i turned it off again and i got the black screen that says

If Im not mistaken I believe that your computer was performing a routing disk clean up. I am not sure how long you waited when the computer was stuck on the file, but turning it of abruptly like that may not have been a good Idea. When you try to boot into safe mode does it act like its loading the safe mode environment or is it not doing anything? If you have the install CDs you can try a repair. Just my thoughts.

#3 Banks

Banks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:22 PM

no during the update the computer froze on the microsoft pain and stayed like that for an hour so i turned it off. and when i click safemode it just freezes =[

#4 ~PrEmIuM~

~PrEmIuM~

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:25 AM

Hi.Did you tried repair your Windows with Vista DVD?Did you update Vista to SP1? If yes, maybe you have rootkit installed which dont giving access to any file which want to modify it..If so, run Repair immeditally

#5 Banks

Banks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:19 PM

I would use the repair cd if i had it, i moved. and cant seem to find it.

#6 ~PrEmIuM~

~PrEmIuM~

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 10 October 2008 - 02:30 AM

Its very bad...Repair CD is required....But if, go to some websites, find a clear installation of Windows Vista (your edition, SP1 incl.)download & burn it from another PC, you get a fresh copy of Vista CD (repair cd) ... But be careful, after windows vista repair, you need enter your Product Key(locate it)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users