Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible Virus, Bluetooth Connection Popping Up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sparky27

sparky27

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:22 PM

Hi All, hope you can give me some advice on this.

Basically my laptop (running XP) caught a virus about a month ago. The virus was Virtumonde, which I fixed using the steps detailed on this site. I also installed various antivirus software (spybot, webroot, super antispyware) in addition to mcafee which was preinstalled. All scans from these packages and from trendmicro online scan show the laptop to be clean.

In the past week, I have started to get a pop up for the bluetooth connection i.e. it's trying to dial out. This locks up my browser (firefox) until the pop up is closed. A similar event happens on my parents pc, but instead of bluetooth it's trying to dial out on the modem. I think the problem with my laptop only began when I set up a home network between it and the pc. Both the pc and laptop connect to the net using broadband as opposed to the modem or bluetooth.

So, is it possible that I have a virus or is there some setting that is causing this, potentially due to setting up the home network? Anybody else have similar issues?

Thanks in advance..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 marilynlake

marilynlake

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 05 October 2008 - 11:00 PM

sounds like Virtumonde to me I just installed the full Spy sweeper suite. I also started getting those pop ups for blue tooth today. Spy sweeper virus found lots, but the quarantine failed. I will be on the phone to them tomorrow, because I feel ripped off. My computer won't install McAfee due to the mess it is in. My big computer has McAfee and it is fine. Spy sweeper antivirus found the following today: Trojvirtum, MalBehav-041, Ma/HckPk-E, Troj/VirtuemGen, and of course, Virtumonde! found them, but couldn't quarantine them. I'll post in my virtumonde topic any improvements or results . My tech said I needed to update Java, but it wouldn't install either. Not a happy Bleeper today. cheers marilynlake

#3 wook22

wook22

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:49 PM

Yes! I am having the same stupid pop-up issue. I haven't resolved it yet, so I am hoping someone can help. Super anti spyware, and Mcaffee haven't killed it yet... :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users