Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Windows will not boot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 my_hobbit_feet

my_hobbit_feet

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:21 PM

Hello

I am currently running windows xp on my laptop. I cannot get windows to boot. When I turn on the laptop, it goes through its normal booting processes and when it gets to the screen where the windows symbol is in the middle of the screen, right before you desktop is supposed to appear, my computer just seems like it stops booting so I am left at that screen. The computer does not freeze because I can move the mouse all around.

After talking to many people they tell me to look for the prompt at the beginning of startup to "for set up hit any key, or for help hit any key" I cant remember exactly what it is supposed to say but thats the problem, that prompt is not showing up,, I only have the options to hit F8, F2 or F12.

I have tried to start it up in safe mode and still no luck.

I have decided to cut my losses and try to reboot off CD but I cannot figuire out how??

Please if you can help me do so,, I am so computer illiterate it is not even funny.

Thanks

Amanda

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 virusX

virusX

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:36 PM

Hello Amanda and welcome to bc ! :thumbsup:
Glad you joined.Now to your problem. So when your starting up windows... you don't see the window logo it just stays blank right? So in other words it's a black screen right?

Please tell me your system specs...

Regard's

Claudio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users