Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hansol 510p Pc Monitor Glitching!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 498 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:22 PM

Hi Anyone,

I have one of Nansol's older PC monitors for my second PC:

1. Model name: Hansol 510P
2. Model Number: B15CL

The power switch seems to be glitching on it when I go go to turn it on, it clicks and blinks on and off continuously.

Is there a way to fix this.

I am using this monitor for my second PC which I use on a daily basses and I would like to know if there is a way to repair this?

Thank you.

Sincerely,
John :thumbsup:

Edited by Johnz414, 05 October 2008 - 02:23 PM.

John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:01 PM

The monitor works and you're just concerned with the blinking LED?

Black electrical tape comes to mind. That's how I fixed my "check engine" light in my van :thumbsup:
Seriously, if the monitor works, leave it alone. You would have to dismantle it thing and if you do not know what you are doing, you are putting yourself at risk. Those capacitors pack a punch

Edited by garmanma, 05 October 2008 - 04:02 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Johnz414

Johnz414
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 498 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:21 PM

Hi Garmanma,

No it just blinks on and off without turning on.

It's like a poltergeist is playing with the On/Off switch turning it on and off very quickly not giving it enough time to turn on.

I have tried to remove the casing only to find that they apply a bit more security then I thought they would. The screw's come off on the bottom but the top where there is no visible access will not separate from the rest of the monitor.

So, I can get a slight glimpse of the switch which may only need some prodding but I can't really effectively access it to prod it.

Any suggestions will be helpful.

OH, and yes I do understand that it is at my own risk. So, I'll try to be careful.

John :thumbsup:

Edited by Johnz414, 05 October 2008 - 04:27 PM.

John

Albert Einstein.

#4 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:30 AM

Hi John.
Had a 710 years ago that died.
Anyways, nearly all CRT monitors, my old 710 include, will have press-in tabs were the rear cover joins the front bezel. You will see indentations there. There is normaly 4, two on each side. If they are not on the sides of the screen, then they will be above and below. Set the monitor on it's screen with some padding. Press the tabs in (use screw driver if needed) and pull up on the rear housing. You may have to do it one side at a time. It could be very stubborn but it will come apart.

#5 Johnz414

Johnz414
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 498 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:38 AM

Hi HitSquad,

I was able to get it open as you described but I unfortunately set it on it's side to see if I could get a better view of what might be the problem when it zapped.

Needless to say that it was a fatal zap. :thumbsup:

Unfortunate that it might have been an easy fix but fortunately it's not my primary PC.

So, I am now looking for a replacement monitor for my second PC.

At least now I know how to open an old picture tub monitor. Maybe I'll have better luck next time but then again I think I'll look for a small in-expensive flat screen and card to use it.

Thanks anyhow,

John :huh:

Edited by Johnz414, 06 October 2008 - 10:41 AM.

John

Albert Einstein.

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 06 October 2008 - 12:07 PM

check out Craig's list
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users