Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power Saving Mode

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 skeeter7580

skeeter7580

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:01 AM

I have 2 computers setup. the other one i just got and was working fine then all of a sudden it starts showing on the screen power saving mode. thats it. how do i get it out of that. or is there something wrong with my tower?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:07 AM

Hi skeeter7580, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

Right-click on your desktop and select Properties

Select the Screen Saver tab.

Click the Power button.

Select the Power Schemes tab.

To turn the power saving feature on or off:

To turn the power saving feature on: from the Turn Off Monitor drop-down list, select a time after which you want the monitor to go into power-saving mode.

To turn the power saving feature off: from the Turn Off Monitor drop-down list, select Never.

Click OK.

In the Display Properties window, click OK.

Edited by dc3, 05 October 2008 - 10:28 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 skeeter7580

skeeter7580
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:01 PM

when it first comes on it says power saving mode and the screen stays black so i cant right click or anything else but that you for your help

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 06 October 2008 - 03:00 AM

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

Do you have the installation disc for the operating system?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 skeeter7580

skeeter7580
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:48 AM

I've rebooted several times and still the same thing. I even unplugged it for awhile. sure makes me want to throw it out the window. lol no I dont have the installation disk. some one PLEASE HELP ME before I pull all my hair out. lol thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users