Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Urgent: Print Preview Problem With Microsoft Word 2007

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mesmerized

Mesmerized

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:37 AM

Hello everyone,

I usually use Microsoft Word XP professional (on my laptop) to do my paper work and when I finish everything I copy my files to my desktop computer (bigger screen) so I can review the paper for the last time and print it. My problem occurred when my printer started printing something completely different from the page that appeared on my screen. It's the same page but the first line would start for example at 2 cm from the top of the page, the footnotes would be in different order like this: 1, 4, 2 , 5, 3. I realized that the Print layout view on Microsoft Word 2007 is showing something while the Full screen reading is showing something completely different. :thumbsup: It's what I see in the full screen reading that gets printed!

I can off course uninstall office 2007 and install another version but I hate to leave this problem unsolved. Does anyone have an idea about this?

Thanks in advance.

Take care.

Edited by Mesmerized, 05 October 2008 - 05:13 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mesmerized

Mesmerized
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:05 AM

And up we go :thumbsup:

A hint, a small clue maybe?

Anyone?

Edited by Mesmerized, 12 October 2008 - 06:06 AM.

#3 eLenka

eLenka

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 21 October 2008 - 03:22 AM

I don't now if it'll help, but you can edit documents directly in print preview in Word 2007 (uncheck Magnifier to see cursor). So, if your preview differs from what you have in editing mode - try to change what you need immediately in preview mode. Nevertheless, it's obvious that something is wrong, so maybe you should contact supplier for assistance.

#4 Mesmerized

Mesmerized
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:12 PM

Yes, you are right. I don't know if it's just me or the application but I am encountering more problems with Word 2007 than with previous versions!

#5 eLenka

eLenka

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:43 AM

I've noticed this not only with Word but with every Microsoft product. The more functional they become, the more bugs they have. Although I like new Office, I also had troubles with it.

#6 Mesmerized

Mesmerized
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:00 AM

yes, too bad because I liked this version of Microsoft Office too. I hope that they'll be able to fix all the problems with it. Meanwhile I've reinstalled the whole office suite, hopefully that this will fix my problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users