Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Crash

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 xdc

xdc

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:16 AM

I have a compaq presario with 512 ram, 80 gig hard drive and a 1.6 gig celeron processor (socket 370). I have photoshop 7 on my computer. My problem started earlier this year when I'd use photoshop and try and use the magic wand selection tool and it would make my system restart on its own. Then it got to the point where I couldnt use the hue/saturation options, basically anything that requred me moving the notch from side to side on the screen to select what I thoght looked best. Then it started doing it when I wasnt even at my computer. Id leave my computer on but turn my montier off and then later that day or night when I'd come home my computer will have been restarted and want me to log back into windows. Now its to the point where I cant do hardly anything without my computer restarting on its own. I have windows service pack 2. Avg antivirus, ccleaner, adaware professional, spybot search & destroy,. My computer will not let me run adaware with out restarting. I dont ahve any viruses, I use ccleaner regularly. I cant use photoshop. I cant open mozilla firefox without it restarting. Even some websites make it crash but its mostly websites that have side ads that move or have sound. websites like myspace (when they have crazy ads on the top or bottom of the page) mycokerewards.com wont even load without making my system crash and now my computer takes literally 10 minutes for windows to complete its startup before it lets me log in. I dont know what the problem is. Ive been told alot of things from its my processor, its my power supply, its a bad fan, its the motherboard, its my active x or direct x controls, its a corrupt file or strand of files, my cache needs to be cleared, i have a virus, i have alot of spyware, it's a ram/memory problem,my windows needs to be installed or i need to reformat. i reinstalled windows, that wasnt the problem. my harddrive is partitioned into two parts, my C drive for my system and a G drive for my storage, i have nearly 20 gig free space on each partition. I cant figure out what it is thats making it do this. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please enilghten me, Ive tried so many things already so Im more than willing to try someone elses methods..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 05 October 2008 - 01:06 AM

Hi xdc, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

One of the things that can cause this is overheating, open the case and see if you have a build up of dust, particularly in the heat sink and fan assembly on the CPU.

The Photoshop is a resource intensive application, part of your problem could be a lack of RAM.

Look in the Event Viewer and see what errors are showing up at the time that this is happening. Each error will have its own date and time shown.

Start> right click on My Computer> Manage> Event Viewer.

On the right side of the page you will see the options Applications, Security, and Systems, double click on Systems. There are eight columns on this page, the three that you will want are Type, Date, Time, and Event.

The errors will appear in the Type column, they are red dots with a white X inside of them.

Warnings will appear as a yellow trinangle with an exclamation mark inside.

When you see an error, double click on it and see what the description is.

Please post the error code/s found in the Event column and the descriptions back in this topic.

Edited by dc3, 05 October 2008 - 01:07 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 xdc

xdc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:09 AM

The errors are as follows:

They are all of the same event code which is 7001

Description:
Error 1:
The Remote Access Connection Manager service depends on the Telephony service which failed to start because of the following error:
The dependency service or group failed to start.
Error 2:
The Telephony service depends on the Plug and Play service which failed to start because of the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.
Error 3:
The Remote Access Connection Manager service depends on the Telephony service which failed to start because of the following error:
Error 4:
The Telephony service depends on the Plug and Play service which failed to start because of the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.
Error 5:

and then after that they all take turns alternating their order. There are only 7 that say information out of the entire list which consists of all errors with the same code 7001 and the same source- Service Control Manager

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,608 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2008 - 11:56 AM

Try this,

Go to Control Panel> Administrive Tools> Services

Scroll down to Telephony ,on left panel click Start service.

On right panel, highlight telephony, right click , select Properties, select Automatic or Manual click Okay.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 xdc

xdc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:29 PM

I just went to do that and the service is already started.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,608 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:56 PM

Look in the Device Manager and see if you have any errors (red X) or warnings (yellow exclamation mark), especially the Modem. If you click on the + just to the left of the word Modem the tree will expand, double click on Modem that appears and see if it is being recognized as working properly.

Start> right click on My Computer> Mange> Device Manager.

#7 xdc

xdc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2008 - 01:31 PM

I did that, there are no errors there and the device is working properly. Why would I be getting those errors that I posted earlier. If the service is on then why isnt it working?

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:14 PM

I would suggest checking the Plug and Play service to see if it's started - that's what the Telephony service depends upon.

If the Plug and Play service is started, then the Telephony service won't generate that error message when it tries to start.
Once the Telephony service started, then the Remote Access Connection Manager service can start without that error message.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users