Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Recent Trojan.gen Infection. Still Having Problems.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 brendacott

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:50 PM

Hi, I am new to this forum.
Have no idea what is going on. I had a recent Trojan.Gen infection that originated in my sons desktop (Win XP)> His desktop had several different types of trojans, apparently one or more was replicating type. Used windows live one care, as McAfee was oblivios to them. His firewalls, and defender were turned off by the trojans at each logoff/logon . Downloaded one care after uninstalling McAfee. No problems until the one care had to be removed (trial version). McAfee was installed, but not before all other computers were infected. Spybot found them along with McAfee and windows defender........removed them.
All computers are doing great, except my laptop. I have a ACER Aspire 5313 with vista home basic sp1 installed.Computer time is off, have reset it three times in the past two weeks. Firefox browser hangs, and is now using 250 k memory when in task manager (norm is 35- 50 for my firefox). Have to use task manager to shut down firefox. Sometimes the task manager itself hangs. Today McAfee is causing IE to hang (thought it was the site advisor). Uninstalled site advisor...problems still here. When logging on, my wireless adapters are disabled, spamware is turned off and McAfee gives warning that I am not protected/ not updated. Am also having services hang the past three or four days, such as WMIService; WdiServiceHost; RasMan; and even notepad hangs at times.
I am pulling my hair out!!!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Edited by Orange Blossom, 04 October 2008 - 09:33 PM.
Move from HiJack This forum to Am I Infected as there are no logs. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users