Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Word Docs Taking 2 Min+ To Open!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mammamaia

mammamaia

• Banned
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 04 October 2008 - 06:26 PM

this tech-know-nuthin' desperately needs help from one of you technowizards...

it's taking over 2 minutes for any of my documents to open!

all was fine till i opened a document emailed from someone whose docs worked ok before... when i saved the latest one from that person to my desktop, it took forever to open and close... after that, all my own docs also took minutes to either open or close, as well...

i've:
deleted that doc and emptied the trash,
emptied my sent email file and trash stored on the puter,
dumped a huge number of files after saving them to a cd,
emptied the trash,
done a full norton scan and windoc repair 3x and an ad-aware scan/repair 3x,
restarted afterwards,
let it rest overnight,
but still have the prob...

my file folders and final draft program docs open as quickly as ever, but the windows docs take 2 minutes or more and it's driving me nuts!... and while they're trying to open, everything else either freezes or takes an age to work, as well...

another weird thing is that the doc page sent as an attachment that may have caused this didn't have a ruler showing and when i opened my own doc pages, the ruler had disappeared from all of them, too!... the only way i could get it back was to drag the ruler icon to my toolbar and click on it after opening the rulerless docs...

any suggestions?

love and fingers crossed hugs, maia

Edited by boopme, 04 October 2008 - 08:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users