Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Will Not Install

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 image

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 04 October 2008 - 11:26 AM

SETUP:
I have two Hard drives's in my system a SATA Drive Raptor 74 GB and a Western Digital 250gb IDE on primary.
Installed Win XP on My SATA Drive and Trying to install Vista on my WesternDigi 250gb in a dual boot configuration.

PROBLEM:
As I install Vista I get the following Error message below.

"Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation.Error code 0x8007045D"

Edited by image, 04 October 2008 - 11:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2008 - 06:59 PM

Couple of suggestions here:
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPo...6&SiteID=17

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPo...3&SiteID=17
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 image

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:11 PM

Solved:
I installed WinXp first on my 250gb then copied the Vista ISO files to the 250gb hardDrive. Then Installed Deamoon tools because its was an ISO File. I ran the Vista installer and choose upgrade option.

Before all this I tried several other things to troubleshoot the problem.

such as:

running vista update adviser
Running UBCD to check my hardrive
double checking the raid drivers were installed even though the HDD I was using was not SATA.
Buring multiple ISO images at speeds slows as 2.4x using Nero.
Using different programs to burn ISO's.
Formated the drive several times.

but in the end copying the files to the hard disc and running vista from Winxp using upgrade was the fix..

Thank you for suggestions if anybody else has a similar problem ask me and I'll try to help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users