Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Domain Name And Hosting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rraa

Rraa

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:40 AM

I am considering building a new website and have found a domain name that is available. I know very little about registering and hosting websites and getting pages linked to domain names and hosting. Is there a place where I can learn

a, Once I have made my pages look as they should, how to link to the domain name
b, Once this is done, is it possible to get it hosted by the same people with whom the domain name is registered or is this yet another process?
c, Any good domain hosts / how to make sure that my site is searchable on Google and all the other big web search engines
d, any caveats - security issues to beware of / prevention of hackers etc.

Thanks for your time in reading and any constructive replies gratefully received.

regards
rraa

Edited by Rraa, 05 October 2008 - 06:14 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 04 October 2008 - 02:49 PM

a.
b. Many webhosting compagnies also offer domain name registration, so I all you would have to do to host your site is to sign up with one of these companies, upload your website to their servers and select your domain name.
c. Not really sure wich hosts to suggest, try searching here or I am sure someone else will come and give some suggestions,
d. If you are using a hosting company, hackers and stuff aren't really an issue for you, they have their own firewalls and stuff to prevent this, it's pretty much their responsibility.

#3 Rraa

Rraa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:59 AM

Thanks Klinkaroo. :thumbsup: I shall be content to play with my website design first and then check out some decent hosts. Must remember to bagsy the name I like too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users