Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista And Yahoo Messenger - ?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 puterheart

puterheart

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 04 October 2008 - 03:08 AM

Ok,hello again!
We're on webcam and we're trying really hard to find the probelm cause theres no sound on one webcam
soo the other person can't hear anything from that other person cause its not working!
Please help us :huh: !!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 04 October 2008 - 06:44 PM

Make and model of the webcam please
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 puterheart

puterheart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 04 October 2008 - 06:50 PM

Oh,my gosh you're really helping!
Oh,well this one is Windows Vista,2008.And the other person's laptop is a Windows Vista,and I'm not sure of the rest I'm sorry!
But,I can tell you that they are very much alike. This laptop (laptop #1) is wireless but,we plug it into internet.
And laptop (#2) is also wired.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:04 AM

Make and model of the webcam

Why are you posting this using two separate accounts? That is against forum rules

Members may have only one account on this forum. There is no need to have more than one.

Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 learn4puters

learn4puters

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:05 PM

Oh,well I'm sorry!
I guess I could tell you the reason:Its because one is for my needs and the other account is for someone I know and I just did
it for her.
That's alright isn't it?(And you can also see that on one account it says wired on the other account it says wireless.Ssorry about this! :huh:
But,could you still help me with the Vista yahoo messenger post?(The likely reason is that on the webcam the mic has no sound.)

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:30 PM

Make and model of the Webcam Please
What are you using for a microphone?
Mark
Posted Image

#7 learn4puters

learn4puters

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:25 PM

Ok,I signed in on my messenger and went to messenger then I went to preferences.
And on the webcam [when I pushed on it] it says:its between the faster speed and better quality,
when someone trieds to view my webcam:Always ask for my permission,When I show my webcam,
change my stauts message to:

[That's on regual webcam because it has two choices of webcam and super webcam.]
Super Webcam:when super webcam is available for a viewer (on my choice its:ask me if I want to start super mode.
Broadcast webcam as:Large image.

Ok,now on calling & autio Microphone:(Conexant High Defin,Speakers:same thing,Ringer:SPDIF Interface (Conexant High,and
play ringtone when I recvie a call [selected],and Ring Ring (default) [selected also.]
And I don't know for sure what all my friend is the same but,I do know her microphone is the same as my messenger settings.
I just went to:Connection and it said :"No proxies".That maybe the setting I have to change maybe :?}
Sorry,if this doesn't help! Oh,and um the webcam is bulit into the [I THINK] both laptops.Oops,I forgot again!
Ok,on my laptop there is no headset mircophone,or microphone on the desk,I think sometimes my friend puts her headset on but,I just speak into the laptop
cause theres a bulit in webcam and I was guessing built-in microphone also.
Thanks,again for answering! :huh:

Edited by learn4puters, 09 October 2008 - 06:06 PM.

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:15 PM

OK, let's summarize. You can see and hear her. She can see but NOT hear you. So your microphone is what we are dealing with.
Go to Device Manager: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307970
Click on all of the +'s. Look for yellow exclamation points or red X's. If you have any, tell me what they are by
Mark
Posted Image

#9 learn4puters

learn4puters

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:45 AM

Yep,that's exactly right!
I went to the site but,did you mean to click on something that says Device Manager,or to get to the site and on whatever "home" the site pulled for it did you mean to just scroll down and look for +'s,red X's and yellow ! -?I'm terrible sorry I wish I knew how and what to do when you replied. Oh,but then I put in the search box:Device Manager for Vista.So,then it pulled up on thing and I clicked on that and then it said:Windows Vista Solution Center.
;( But,then I didn't know what to do from there.

#10 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:56 AM

I forgot we're talking Vista. I'm still new to it.
Open the Control Panel then double-click on Device Manager. Then click on the +'s and look for problems
Mark
Posted Image

#11 learn4puters

learn4puters

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:12 AM

Hee...that's alright!Um...I'll have to try that when I get my laptop access.

#12 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:26 AM

Also get the make and model number and service tag/serial number of your laptop. They will be on stickers on the bottom of the laptop
I need this info in case we need to downloaad drivers

Edited by garmanma, 10 October 2008 - 09:27 AM.

Mark
Posted Image

#13 learn4puters

learn4puters

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:27 AM

Oh,and uh you don't much need to help me right now cause [I'm not with the laptop].
But,when I would open the internet and you would wanna try to close it it pops up this box and says like trying to close and then if you don't do anything or [sometimes it doesn't help] then,it would close all the things you have open.No matter how many it is or not.

#14 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:11 AM

Let's fix one problem at a time. I don't believe they're related
Mark
Posted Image

#15 learn4puters

learn4puters

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:45 AM

No,I didn't think they we're related either. :huh:
Yeah,fine with me solve one at a time!I'll try to look up what you told me to in the last couple of post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users