Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Access Ebay

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jayemmkay

jayemmkay

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 04 October 2008 - 02:49 AM

Hi
I'm using Windows XP OS and for some reason if I attempt to access ebay, the page appears but nothing happens, the green bar at the bottom of the task bar reaches the end of the box and in the left of the task bar it states there are, for example 3 items left to down load, so the page doesn't ever fully download (it would appear), but you can still see the 'Buy' 'Sell' 'My ebay' and 'sign in' links. But when you attempt to click them, instead of being underlined it stays the same and freezes. The Hour glass symbol appears and at the very top of the screen ( where you close, minimize etc ) it states page is not responding. So you have to end task.
This only happens with ebay!

Oh and I've installed CClean which did sort the problem out initially, but doesn't any longer.

Does anyone have an answer......................please!

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:24 AM

This seems like it might be a browser security settings issue. What browser are you using and what exactly did you do with CCleaner because it does a lot of things?

#3 jayemmkay

jayemmkay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:02 AM

Thank you frankp316 for your reply.
I shall check the security settings, but they haven't changed (or at least I haven't knowingly changed them).

As far as the CCleaner goes, I have to admit. I haven't altered any of the settings. The default settings down the (left hand) side remain as they are when I downloaded the softeware originally. As I said, it appeared to sort out this ebay issue when I ran it the first time, so I stuck with that formula.

Thank you for your help

John

Thank you frankp316 for your reply.
I shall check the security settings, but they haven't changed (or at least I haven't knowingly changed them).

As far as the CCleaner goes, I have to admit. I haven't altered any of the settings. The default settings down the (left hand) side remain as they are when I downloaded the softeware originally. As I said, it appeared to sort out this ebay issue when I ran it the first time, so I stuck with that formula.

Thank you for your help

John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users