Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Add Or Remove Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 djd1

djd1

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:03 PM

Just learning linux. I have kubuntu 8041, I installed firefox 2.0 but noticed later that there was an option of installing firefox 3. Can I install 3 over 2 or is it more complicated?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ice2921

ice2921

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:32 AM

Go to terminal type the following commands:

sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude install firefox mozilla-firefox-adblock mozilla-noscript

You should be good to go.

#3 berika

berika

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:39 AM

Most Linux distributions support dozens of programming languages. The most common collection of utilities for building both Linux applications and operating system programs is found within the GNU toolchain, which includes the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) and the GNU build system.

Edited by garmanma, 11 October 2008 - 09:35 AM.
spam removed=mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users