Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Display

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nyiddle

nyiddle

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:25 PM

Alright so first I am gonna post the specs of my current PC that is having problems...
Enermax 800w (I could be wrong, it might be 720w)
Intel E6700 2.66 GHz (Dual Core)
nVidia 9750GT
2GB RAM DDR2
500 GB HDD and a 250 GB HDD (both SATA)
Abit AW9D-Max

Everything was running more or less fine until I noticed my CPU temps were WAY too high, they were at about 60 deg. C and rising, so naturally I shut down my computer and looked at the heatsink to see if maybe a wire got tangled in there or something was throwing the temps off, but it didn't seem to be the case. So I removed the heatsink and realized that there was actually NO thermal paste left on the heatsink (which is a stock heatsink, I scraped off the original thermal paste and applied my own). So after putting the CPU back in I started the comp back up and everything seemed fine, temps were again to where they should be (according to BIOS). So I exit the BIOS and restart my computer, but on the restart nothing shows up on the screen. All the fans in the PC start up, I can hear them, all the lights, everything is fine. It even posts telling me it's booting into Windows, but for some reason there just isn't any display.
Since then I have made a minute amount of progress. It displays on the screen but there are like... Commas all over the place. It boots into Windows with a distorted Windows logo (considering the commas everywhere) and then after it boots into Windows, assuming it successfully is booting into Windows, it just gives me a screen with distorted colors all over the place. Doesn't look pretty at all.

So anyone have any clue on what this could be? I am working on arranging a friend to bring over a GFX card cause I feel like it could be the 9750. I've heard bad things about the 9750 and especially the one made by EVGA, which of course is the maker of my card... At the same time, I've had an Abit mobo fail on me before so I mean it could totally be that. I mean it could even be the CPU or something.

Any sort of help at all would be very much appreciated. I am pretty nerd-tastic and this stumps the crap outta me so anything, I mean ANYTHING, would be helpful.

:D

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:15 PM

Definitely try another video card
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users