Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need A Motherboard Replacement..

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eskEMO

eskEMO

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:08 PM

Hi,

I need a replacement for my http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx...N82E16813136007.

I have an Athlon64 3200+ PSU
184-PIN PC3200 RAM
BFG GEForce 7600GTXOC PCI-E Video Gard
and a 500W Power Supply that has a 20+4 Connector

Also not looking to spend A LOT of money, but looking for a sturdy mobo.

Help, please! >.<

Thanks.

Edited by eskEMO, 03 October 2008 - 01:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:01 PM

I took a look at Newegg, and Tigerdirect, and neither one sells AMd 939 motherboards anymore. you may have to take a look at ebay, or a similar store.

Amazon has a bunch of them too http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=s...amp;x=0&y=0. Asus and MSI are a couple of the best motherboard companies.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:54 PM

In case it is a Socket 754, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813186010 .

I feel your pain. I had a stubborn customer that wanted a Socket A mobo and I had to stoop to getting a Biostar last year.

EDIT: Well, that will teach me how to read.

Edited by dpunisher, 04 October 2008 - 04:05 PM.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#4 Frank Vasquez

Frank Vasquez

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:12 AM

Question you should ask yourself: What else do you plan to upgrade in the future? CPU, Video Card, Memory, etc. Your config is somewhat dated, so you might want to get a board that has some upgrade potential. For what do you use your system - work, games or both? Personally, I would go for an AM2+ board and upgrade the CPU as well, since the AMD CPU's are pretty darn cheap now. You can get a good ASUS/MSI board and a better CPU for under $200 total. Next you will want to upgrade the ram to PC6400 or 8500 if the board supports it. Go for at least 2GB of ram, and you can do that for under $75 if you go to pricegrabber.com or google.

Hope that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users