Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sdfix Has Been "checking Processes And Services" For Over 3 Hours Now

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rifton

Rifton

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:59 PM

This morning I bootup my recently built computer to find that the usual one minute wait to completely boot had been delayed. The thing took several minutes to bring up even Task Manager, it said my comp was using 100% of its CPU power. Worried about a virus, I downloaded SDFix on another computer to remedy the problem (The problem comp has no internet access due to an unrelated glitch). After putting it on a CD (Which Windows warned could have problems for some reason I forgot, something like files being attached ones that weren't being placed on the cd) and getting it on the computer in safe mode, I started the install and the command prompt came up. It was blue, unlike all the screenshots I had seen for it, but it had the same text. But now three hours later it is still at "Checking Running Processes And Services", and doesn't display anything showing progress. Could someone help me?

Edited by Pandy, 03 October 2008 - 09:08 PM.
Moved from Windows XP Home and Professional Forum ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rifton

Rifton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:32 PM

Also something I noticed, when my comp is in safe mode the CPU is always at 50% regardless of the situation. Hope this helps.

#3 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:56 PM

:thumbsup:
Assuming you are most likely infected, may I suggest you try another scan for the Team to see what might be going on?

Try malawarebytes; instructions are here
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=959453

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:18 PM

unlike all the screenshots I had seen for it, but it had the same text.

What does the text say? Is it a error message of some sorts?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users