Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless & Cable

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ill_Nino

ill_Nino

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:49 AM

Is it possible to use both, a Cable internet, with a USB Wireless Adapter, to sort of "boost" your internet?

I understand it's not a huge increase (if it's even possible) but it would help in times of me being capped.

Can both the Cable internet, and a Wireless adapter, say from another network, give me better connections?

~ Niņo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Phantek

Phantek

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:47 PM

I guess it depends on what exactly you mean. Would this be from the same internet connection or would you be trying to use two different sources of connection to the internet at once? A wired internet connection can be up to 100Mbps, so realistically you would not be getting any additional benefit as your internet connection would not be fast enough to beat that anyways.

#3 ill_Nino

ill_Nino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:25 PM

I guess it depends on what exactly you mean. Would this be from the same internet connection or would you be trying to use two different sources of connection to the internet at once?

Two different sources, one is mine, and another is a wireless network that I can access through a USB. So, if you mean that if both are on the same plan with the Internet company, that is a no.

Yeah I understand that Cable will not be beaten by wireless. But I have a cap limit, and when I reach it, it slows down to Dial-Up speed (56kb/s) which it never gets too. I download at a rate of about 10kb/s, which is almost embarrassing when it comes to playing FPS online.

So, with this external source of internet which I can obtain through the Wireless USB Adapter, is it possible to speed up the connection speed? Or would I need to configure things in order for it to work, if it's even possible?

~ Niņo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users