Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gettin' New Dell, But What? Play A Few Games, Surf, Security/imaging Appz....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 huskersfan1

huskersfan1

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:01 AM

Need some help picking a Dell. I would like something that would allow me to play some of the newer games, but it can be at the far lower end in regards to quality, etc. I only use the computer to surf and the only programs I have are security related, along with imaging appz. If you are about to reply with a sarcastic crack about 'Dell is junk' blah, blah, blah, save it. I need to get a Dell, 'nuff said.

Thanks to all that reply.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 03 October 2008 - 02:22 PM

Hello huskersfan1,

What sort of price bracket are you looking at? Its difficult to pick out a computer when there isn't a budget to stick to.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 huskersfan1

huskersfan1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 04 October 2008 - 01:35 AM

I'm going to use my old lcd/printer/board/etc., so I only need the tower itself.....so, under $500 for sure.

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 04 October 2008 - 10:55 AM

I would go for an Inspiron, They are not gaming systems but are capable of playing some. They are more like high end office systems but this role can be altered slightly.

http://www.dell.com/content/products/produ...ndt_530_anav6~~

This is the one I would get its $499 The price can be changed slightly by fine tuning the components by clicking the customise button.

Intel® Core™2 Quad processor Q6600 (8MB L2, 2.4GHz, 1066FSB)
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Service Pack 1 No Monitor 16X DVD+/-RW Drive 3GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 4 DIMMs 500GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™ Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio 1Yr Ltd Hardware Warranty, InHome Service after Remote Diagnosis

Good CPU RAM and Drive space.
The graphics are not that great as Intergrated graphics take space out from the RAM.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users