Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yoga Ad-100 Usb 5.1 Channel Usb Headphone Adaptor - Crackle Noise

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 alt3rn1ty

alt3rn1ty

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:36 AM

Hi

Windows XP Home SP3, on Compaq Presario r3479ea laptop (athlon version)

I bought this Yoga AD-100 USB 5.1 Channel USB headphone adaptor from maplins, because I have had ongoing trouble with laptop headphone socket only coming through one ear (I have had the laptop apart and cant find anything obvious like a loose connection or solder cracks)......

http://213.225.137.7/module.aspx?TabID=1&a...p;U=Strat15#Faq

It works very well with my Bose in-ear headphones apart from one problem, when I click on a sound source to play, during the pause as it loads there is a crackling noise. Once the music or sound sample is playing the crackling noise is no longer a problem.

For example I load Windows Media Player, double click a track to play and during the load period that is when the crackle becomes evident. Double click another track and during the load the crackle noise comes back, then goes as the next song plays. However if I get windows media player to just carry on playing track after track there is no crackle between tracks. It just happens when I manually select a track to play with the mouse.

Annoying. The Drivers were searched for by windows, C-Media drivers I believe, its a true plug and play device (which amazed me by installing a system tray background autorun service to change settings for the device - Not sure I like the idea of true plug and play having the ability to do that without me agreeing to it in the first place but hey, thats advancement for you I suppose eh?, feels like ITunes and quicktimes abilities to constantly plug themselves in and change back to default settings without informing the user). *

Anyway I digress, anyone else had experience with this or similar device and the same crackling noise before playback (Not during, it is good at playback).

I do know how to setup windows devices to re-direct output to the device, all works as it should apart from the annoying loading crackle.

One more point, I did not use the mini cd driver installation, (The device comes from china and I do not trust auto run installation cd's at the best of times)

* Edit: The autorun service I have disabled for the time being, and the problem is evident whether this service is running or not.

Edited by alt3rn1ty, 03 October 2008 - 04:48 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users