Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wierd Things Goin On, Possible Spyware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 firex

firex

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:32 PM

Ok so something really wierd has been going on lately with my search engines and only my search engines and i suspect it has something to do with spyware. I have scanned with ad-aware, spybot search and destroy and many anti-virus programs and found nothing. When i go to google or yahoo or any search engine for that matter and do a search it brings up all of the possible search results but the URL's are incorrect and always come up with the same results.

Example: //pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/firex/wtf.JPG

As you can see none of the green urls are what the are suppose to be and if i click them they take me to wrong url.
I am assuming this is some kind of spyware and any help would be much appreciated.

Here is my hijackthis log.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 7:39:19 PM, on 10/2/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM+\AIM+.exe
C:\Program Files\aim95\aim.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SkyTel] SkyTel.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RivaTunerStartupDaemon] "C:\Program Files\RivaTuner v2.02\RivaTuner.exe" /S
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] "C:\Program Files\AIM+\AIM+.exe" -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-1606980848-1757981266-725345543-500\..\Run: [AIM] "C:\Program Files\AIM+\AIM+.exe" -cnetwait.odl (User '?')
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - C:\WINDOWS\bdoscandel.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - C:\WINDOWS\bdoscandel.exe
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\aim95\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\nwprovau.dll
O12 - Plugin for .pdf: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\nppdf32.dll
O16 - DPF: {215B8138-A3CF-44C5-803F-8226143CFC0A} (Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent 6.6) - http://housecall65.trendmicro.com/housecal...ivex/hcImpl.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} - http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/scan8/oscan8.cab
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Roxio UPnP Renderer 9 - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Roxio\Digital Home 9\RoxioUPnPRenderer9.exe
O23 - Service: Roxio Upnp Server 9 - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Roxio\Digital Home 9\RoxioUpnpService9.exe
O23 - Service: LiveShare P2P Server 9 (RoxLiveShare9) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxLiveShare9.exe
O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB9 - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB9.exe
O23 - Service: Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 9 (RoxWatch9) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatch9.exe

--
End of file - 4069 bytes

Edited by KoanYorel, 03 October 2008 - 01:00 AM.
to disable hot link URL above

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tomk_

Tomk_

Malware Eradicator

• Malware Response Team
  • 686 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:33 PM

Hi firex,

Welcome to Bleeping Computers

My name is Tomk_. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. HijackThis logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
  • I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
  • Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, feel free to create a new one.
I apologize for the delay in response. We get overwhelmed at times but we are trying our best to keep up.
If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate your letting us know. Otherwise:

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
Download - ATF Cleaner
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.

(If you use FireFox or the Opera browser
To keep saved passwords, click No at the prompt.)

It's normal after running ATF cleaner that the PC will be slower to boot the first time or two.

Then

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location and post the results.
  • Note: If you receive a notice that some of the items couldn't be removed, that they have been added to the delete on reboot list, please reboot (shut down your computer then restart it).
Also "copy/paste" a new HijackThis log file into this thread.

Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.
Posted Image

#3 Tomk_

Tomk_

Malware Eradicator

• Malware Response Team
  • 686 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:20 AM

Due to lack of response, this thread will now be closed.

If you are the topic starter and would like this topic reopened, please PM a staff member with a link to this thread and we will reopen it for you. Anyone else who needs assistance should begin a new topic.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users