Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Copy Protected Vcd

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 novo

novo

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:31 PM

Hi guys…
I have a VCD (*.dat) with my personal and family videos. I want to make that VCD copy protected to prevent unwanted copies of that VCD. But I also want to play that VCD normally on my PC and DVD player. So could anybody give me a step-by-step guide or related software to make a burning protected VCD?
:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:03 AM

Hi novo.
I wish I could tell you it's possible to protect anything that can be seen or heard on a computer but apps like Camstudio make that impossible. I have version 4 and there is nothing it can't record in full from a computer where audio\video is concerned. If I can hear\see it, game over.

Edited by HitSquad, 03 October 2008 - 07:16 AM.

#3 novo

novo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:30 PM

Hallo HitSquad,
I understand your views that it is impossible to protect media files from ‘screen recording’ software but I want to protect my video CD just from burning or copy by any ‘disk burning software’. I just want to prevent others from ‘CD to CD’ or ‘CD to Harddisk’ copy of my VCD but to play all the contents on CD normally by anybody. Is this possible?
I hope, I have made it clear and beg your pardon for my English.
Thankyou,
Novojit
:thumbsup:

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:58 PM

You can use you burning software to finalize the disk so no one can edit the disk.
Is that what you're talking about?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 wombat_1945

wombat_1945

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:25 PM

You can use you burning software to finalize the disk so no one can edit the disk.
Is that what you're talking about?

I believe the OP wants to copy protect the disk the same way the big recording companies copy protect their dvds, say with Macrovision etc. Which is not going to happen with the software readily available to the average home user...

Edited by wombat_1945, 03 October 2008 - 07:26 PM.

Wombat's: Bulldozers of the bush...

#6 novo

novo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:05 AM

Guys, let me clear the problem. I have got 2 programs FreeLock 1.3 and CDRWin to create copy protected VCD. But there is some compatibility issue with deferent DVD players and I didn’t find any step-by-step procedure guide for those tools.
Now, I actually want a simple GUI based software for copy protection if available otherwise a guide for above mentioned tools. Is there anybody know about the use of this tools? Please reply.
Thanks for your help,
Novojit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users