Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista/dell Problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Goldielockes

Goldielockes

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:45 PM

I recently bought a Dell laptop for school. Admittedly I am a newb, and might have messed the pc up further than it already was. BUT....I have contacted Dell multiple times about my issues, and they finally threw up their hands and told me I would have to redo the entire system. I don't really have the time to do this, and was wondering if anyone else would have suggestions to help me fix my pc. I am having the following problems:
Windows Media Center and Windows Media Player are both unable to play music, movies, video either online, on disk, or from the hard drive without skipping
(I am fairly sure the files on my hard drive are not corrupted because I used a pocket drive to move some to a friends pc to check if they still skipped, and they did not)
Videos skip when I try to play them off of websites (i.e. youtube)
Recently my pc will go wacko on me and continue to open internet windows until i spam the task manager "end program" button (it got to about 70 windows once when I left the room and came back) I have run spyware checkers/virus scans and they haven't found anything
Also, the pc tends to run very slow, which makes little sense to me, as I just bought it a month and a half ago.

I am running an XPS M1530
Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T8100 2.10 GHz
4.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

Any help on this would be much appreciated. Even if it is just telling me re programming is necessary. (and maybe how to do it lol)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users