Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Bho Cleanup

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 shinysuitman

shinysuitman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:41 PM

Hello, At the end of August I was infected with XP Antivirus 2008, which I cleaned out using MBAM, SmitFraud,SDFix and Spyware Doctor. At the end of it all I had a BHO in firefox that was hijacking my search results from Google,Yahoo,and MSN, and all my links were red. I have fixed it somehow in my account, but for some reason in other accounts the same problem is still there. Im sure that the search results are no longer being hijacked. I have tried running Firefox off a flash drive but I have the same problem. I tried using Safe Mode and Firefox, and I don't have the problem. I've installed Spyware Eraser,ESET Smart Security, Ad-Aware, and Super Anti Spyware to fix the problem but they cant seem to get the job done.I also have tried GMER, and Panda Anti Rootkit MBAM says my system is completely clean. The only thing different I did with my account is that I was playing around with my ntuser.dat, and I my user reg hive while I was trying to get rid of the Virus Alert Message. I think I might have done something to my account in HijackThis too.Im not sure as to what I did to fix my problem and how everyone else on the PC still has problems. Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users