Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

For People With Infected Computers And Those Who Want To Help Them

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BlackBurst_*

Guest_BlackBurst_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:17 PM

For people with infected computers and those who want to help them...

* Sometimes the best thing to do is save all of your important files elsewhere and then erase the whole hard drive and reinstall Windows.
* There are people here who can advise you on the best ways of saving files, which ones to keep, and how to reinstall Windows.
* People can also advise you on how to best avoid infection in the future, and which programs are good for this purpose.
* You could spend months or even years trying to fix an infected computer. That is why sometimes erasing and reinstalling is a better solution.
* It also takes a long time, but it can take less time or sometimes much less time. And it can be a more thorough and broad solution.
* Before you erase your hard drive, contact some people here for advice on what to backup and then what to install first after reinstalling Windows.

Thanks for reading this and good luck. :thumbsup:

Edited by boopme, 02 October 2008 - 06:54 PM.
Moved to General chat from XP~boopme

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:13 AM

Yep.

Clean install, I love it.
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#3 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:52 AM

Yep.

Clean install, I love it.

I agree with you.These new Viruses, are getting harder, all the time to remove,and takes ages, to run all the removal Programs.Plus the damage they can do to the Registry.
A clean install,is the quickest in the long run.IMO. :thumbsup:

#4 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:32 AM

For People With Infected Computers

Have not had a computer virus in years. The last one i had was called WindowsMe. :thumbsup:

how far down the rabbit hole do you want to go?

My rabbit hole is open on both ends. Runs from the U.S to Australia. Gets kinda hot in the middle though.

Edited by HitSquad, 03 October 2008 - 09:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users