Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firewall

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chevyusa1

chevyusa1

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:15 AM

Outpost Firewall was a bit too confusing for me so I switched to Kerio Personal Firewall and I like it a little better, easier to setup. Except for one problem. I can't sign in to .net passport to check my hotmail. I have allowed ALL cookies for "msn.com" "login.netpassport" and whatever other cookies that I felt could be preventing me from logging in but when I try, I get the page that says "Cookies are Disablebled". I have read the tutorials here and the FAQ and Knowledge Base at Kerio but no joy on solving this issue. Can't even get an email response from Kerio unless you use the Registered(paid for) Version. I'm about to say "to heck with it" and just go back to the XP Firewall. what good is it to have a "Better" one if you don't know how to use it? LOL :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2005 - 03:04 PM

Chances are that it is NOT the firewall that is preventing cookies, but a browser setting. Which browser are you using?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 chevyusa1

chevyusa1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2005 - 09:37 AM

I'm using Internet Explorer 6 with WinXP SP2. I made no changes to my Browser, all I did was install Kerio Personal firewall and disabled WinXP Firewall. I have no problems logging in to BC or any other site that I need to "sign in" at except for my Hotmail. Before installing the Kerio Firewall I had no problems with Hotmail. I hope this info helps. Be patient with me, I know it's probably real simple solution but I'm the "idiot outside" even if it is "intel inside"! LOL :thumbsup:

#4 chevyusa1

chevyusa1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2005 - 11:15 AM

I really don't think it is a "Browser" problem and the reason is this. With Kerio Firewall running, I can change my browser settings to allow ALL cookies and even set my security to it's lowest setting but still no joy on logging in at Hotmail. Or, I can disable the Kerio Firewall and Enable the WinXP Firewall and with NO problem at all log right in to my Hotmail. Even with my browser settings at their highest setting. So it boils down to the Firewall, I cannot get into my Hotmail UNLESS I turn off the Kerio Firewall, even though I have set up the Kerio to ALLOW ALL COOKIES from MSN.com, Login.netpassport, ect ect.....But with Kerio off....NO Problems. Stumped. Any ideas? Should I just stick with WinXP Firewall? Thanks for any input!! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users