Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Re Install

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ac83080

ac83080

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:44 PM

I went to reinstall my vista on a dell computer with my disk and it only came to the dell logo with the F2 F12 info and stopped. Yikes. It will not reboot nor start. Can you please let me know what to do? It just sits. goes nowhere? I cannot even get it to boot using F12 without the dell disk in. Can you help?

Thanks
Ac

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SLIX

SLIX

• Members
  • 380 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:48 PM

Hi

It sound like your PC is still trying to boot from the hard drive.
Have you set up your BIOS to boot from the CD/DVD Drive?
If you need to do this, you will need to enter Setup where you will find the boot options.
Steve

#3 ac83080

ac83080
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:52 PM

Thanks Steve

It just appears stuck. The dvd is just sitting not spinning.....I cannot get into setup. It appears to be completely froze up. Any suggestions on what to do?

#4 SLIX

SLIX

• Members
  • 380 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:55 PM

Hi

You haven't said if you have set up your PC to boot from the CD. Have you done this?
Steve

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:14 PM

What make and model is your Dell?
Does it have the 4 diagnostic lights on the back? If so, what color(s) are they?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 ac83080

ac83080
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:38 PM

Hi John~

Dell Inspiron 530MT

I do not see any diagnostic lights that you are referring to. There is one green light at the top under the power cord. I see no other lights.

Thanks so much for trying too help me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users