Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Photodeluxe 3 Home Edition

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Reena

Reena

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:35 AM

For many years I have been running Adobe PhotoDeluxe Home Edition without any problems. Although I have Photoshop Elements I much prefer the former and I was able to edit images easily and very successfully.

Since downloading the last Microsoft download I can no longer get past the "wallpaper" of this programme.

I am not the only one : others, according to my Google search, have been complaining about the same problem.

Advising one to contact Adobe is pointless : the software was abandoned years ago. Reinstalling the original does not work, according to those who have tried it.

I have always found a solution to my problems here. Is this one that is going to fox all of you? I want my old programme back, PLEASE!

Any suggestions will be acted upon, gratefully!

My thanks
Reena

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:22 AM

Hi Reena.
Wow, I had that same version. I believe on Win95.
Anyway, what was the last update that killed it? Was it this one?

Edited by HitSquad, 03 October 2008 - 07:27 AM.

#3 Reena

Reena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:07 AM

Thanks for the comment, Hitsquad.

Yes, the software goes back to Windows 95 but it is SO good. It doesn't have all the whistles of the later software but it does the tasks EASILY.

On September 22nd, five downloads were installed. I think the Security Update Microsoft Office Power Point Viewer 2003 and another for Microsoft Office are the culprits.

My PC has Microsoft Works and Word, tSuite 2004 installed. It's the basic one for home users.

AnimalMy apologies for posting in the incorrect section. When I use the "Search" facility I always get "Error".

Edited by Reena, 03 October 2008 - 11:09 AM.

#4 BECKY BB

BECKY BB

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:23 AM

I believe I have the same problem and it happened with the same up dates. I feel the culprit is Outlook. Is there a fix? Ihave heard the there is but I am not able to find it. Can someone help?
Becky Brennan

#5 Reena

Reena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:56 AM

I have found the following error:

Error 1706

Microsoft Word 2002 set-up cannot find the required file. Check connection to network or CD/Rom drive. See:

C:\ProgramFiles\Microsoft\Office10\1033\setup.hlp

It must be Office update! I wish I could uninstall this. But I can with Add/Remove, can't I?

#6 Reena

Reena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:55 AM

I've just seen this on line:

Problem: Adobe Photodeluxe errors are caused by missing system files or broken system registry structures. This is a critical sign of an unstable system that is typically caused by improper maintenance of the computer.

How to Repair Adobe Photodeluxe Problems
RegCure is a Microsoft Windows tool designed to repair Adobe Photodeluxe problems & errors.

by TONY KWON Technical Support Microsoft

I Googled Regcure and it appears to be one of those "free" programmes that lists umpteen problems but asks for payment to fix them. Microsoft don't usually do this, do they?

Is it a genuine "fix", please?

My thanks

Reena....................who is very conscientious about PC maintenance!

Edited by Reena, 25 October 2008 - 09:58 AM.

#7 Reena

Reena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:23 AM

I uninstalled Microsoft download KB9534405 and Adobe WORKS!

Thanks, All.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users