Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sudden Blue Screen Of Death

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 le121587

le121587

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:29 PM

Hi, my computer has been crashing for the past couple of weeks (i'm running windows XP). Usually I'll be surfing the internet or doing something online and after about an hour of being online (sometimes more frequent) it will come up with the blue screen of death and crash (i'm running firefox). The error I get is stop:0x00000050 (0xFe8EA000, 0x00000000, 0xF4D01DA0, 0x00000000) Page fault in nonpaged area, tcpip.sys address F4D01DAO base at F4CB7000, Datastamp 485b99ad. I'm good with computers but I don't know much about error messages, registrys and the more advanced stuff so if you guys could walk me through it I'd really appreciate it. Thank you so much this error is super annoying.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:17 AM

Crashing and shutdown problems can be symptomatic of a variety of things to include hardware or overheating problems caused by a failed processor fan, bad memory (RAM), failing or underpowered power supply, CPU overheating, motherboard, video card, faulty drivers, CMOS battery going bad, BIOS and firmware problems, dirty hardware components, and even malware. If the computer is overheating, it usually begins to shutdown/restart on a more regular basis. Start here first:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down...STOP: 0x00000050
STOP: 0x00000050 Page_Fault_In_Non-Paged_Area Error

i'm running windows XP

Why have you not updated to SP2 or SP3?

Edited by quietman7, 02 October 2008 - 08:18 AM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 le121587

le121587
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:18 AM

I went on the microsoft site you provided and followed the directions to remove the malware but none of those files were found on my computer so I guess we can rule that one out. It will do this even when it is on battery power so its unlikely its the power supply. There are times it will do the bsod then I will restart it and a few minutes after restarting i'll get the bsod again. Just before it began doing this a month ago I had installed a program for my wireless router but I have since uninstalled that and it is still giving me problems, I figured since it says its an issue with tcpip.sys could it be possible whatever changes the drivers made might have affected that file. I looked into it though and that file has not been modified. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Oh and I have windows xp sp 3, sorry for not specifying earlier. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users